Fall is the season of gothic romance. Cast a decorative magic spell on craft pumpkins with a piece of lace and some spray paint!
I used a thrifted lace curtain panel as a stencil for my pumpkins, but a tablecloth, doily, or any large piece of lace would work well.
To make this project, you’ll need:
1. Cover a craft pumpkin’s stem with masking tape to protect it from the spray paint.
2. Wrap the craft pumpkin with a large piece of lace, securing the fabric under the pumpkin with a rubber band.
3. Following all safety and usage instructions on the canister, spray paint the pumpkin. To clearly transfer the pattern of the lace onto the pumpkin, be sure to spray the paint directly over the lace, not at an angle under the lace.
4. After the spray paint dries, remove the lace and masking tape from the craft pumpkin.
5. Following all safety and usage instructions on the canister, spray the painted pumpkin with a coat of Mod Podge Matte Clear Acrylic Sealer to protect the design.
Experiment with using different types of lace and a variety of colors of craft pumpkins and spray paint. Enjoy this project and make it your own!
Thanks for visiting!