Oh, my gourd, it’s officially fall again! Go faux and folksy this year by embellishing a crafting pumpkin with items from your maker stash. Instead of having your creation go to mush in a few weeks, you’ll be able to enjoy your jack-o’-lantern for many Halloweens.
Here’s a list of items you’ll need for this project:
- A crafting pumpkin
- Sharpie permanent markers
- Acrylic paints
- Embroidery floss in 3 complimentary colors
Here’s how to guild your gourd:
1. Wrap the pumpkin’s stem with embroidery floss by looping the thread in a circle around the stem, pulling the thread through the inside of the loop, and tightening the thread. Repeat this process until bands of thread in different colors cover the stem.
2. Draw a fabulous fantasy blossom around the stem with permanent marker.
3. Add whimsical wildflowers along the lower half of the pumpkin.
4. Add color to the flowers with acrylic paint and permanent marker.
5. Enjoy your great pumpkin. If you don’t say boo, no one will know it’s fake!
Thanks for visiting!