Don’t get locked out after your summer adventures! Keep your keys on hand with this whimsical yet practical embroidered accessory.
To make this project, you’ll need:
2. Using two stands of floss, fill in the scallops with satin stitch (using DMC #106, #742, and #744).
3. Do straight stitch with two strands (with DMC #125 and #832) to create the stems and add tiny details inside the scallops.
4. Stitch the French knots with two strands (with white and DMC #742).
5. Dissolve the Magic Paper in cold water and let the denim dry completely. Iron the embroidered denim and piece of felt.
6. Trace two circles with 2” diameters onto the extra firm fusible interfacing. Cut out the interfacing circles. Iron the interfacing circles onto the reverse sides of the embroidered denim and felt following the instructions on the interfacing packaging. Trim the excess fabric around the interfacing circles.
7. Cut a 4” length of ribbon and thread it through the split ring. Pin the ribbon to the inside of the felt circle.
8. Pin the denim and felt circles together to conceal the fusible interfacing.
9. Sew the layers of fabric and ribbon together with running stitch (DMC #106). Before you close the seam, add a little fiber fill inside the keychain.
10. Use regular blanket stitch (DMC #742) to secure the raw edges and applique blanket stitch to attach the raw edges to the ribbon.
It’s time to add your keys, please! Have a wonderful rest of your summer!
Thanks for visiting!