Brighten up your phone case with this denim do-over! Destruct the jeans you love to hate and give them a new lease on life by embellishing them with straight stitch.
To make this project, you’ll need:
1. Cut a piece of denim from the jeans that is large enough to insert into the embroidery hoop.
2. Trace the outline of your phone case onto the denim.
3. Place the fabric in the embroidery hoop.
4. Embroider the denim with straight stitch. Use different colors and types of thread to create visual interest. I used both embroidery floss and sashiko thread for this project. If you can’t find sashiko thread, pearl cotton thread is a great substitute.
Here’s the work in progress:
5. Remove the denim from the embroidery hoop. Cut out the design you’ve traced. Trim any excess fabric so the piece of denim fits snugly in your phone case without blocking any buttons or ports when your phone is inserted.
Thanks for visiting!