Instead of wearing your heart on your sleeve, boldly declare your sentiments right on your front door! Destroy some denim you love to hate and gain a sweet Valentine’s Day sign!
To make this project, you’ll need:
1. Iron the piece of denim you’ve chosen for this project. Stretch the fabric horizontally and vertically over the canvas, using a needle and thread to hold it taut from the back. Staple the denim to the reverse side of the canvas.
2. Cut and remove all the thread from the back of the canvas. Trim any excess denim. Then, use a hot glue gun to attach the denim to the frame.
3. Use the tracing template to outline a heart on the red felt.
4. Write a love message on the Magic Paper. Stick the Magic Paper inside the heart shape and put the felt in an embroidery hoop. Use three strands of DMC embroidery floss in white to sew the lettering with backstitching.
5. Remove the felt from the embroidery hoop. Soak the fabric in cold water to dissolve the Magic Paper. Let the fabric fully dry. Cut out the heart shape from the piece of felt.
6. Use three stands of DMC embroidery floss in #966 to appliqué the heart to the canvas with blanket stitch.
7. Glue small pompoms around the felt heart.
8. Glue medium sized pompoms along the edges of the canvas.
9. To create a hanger for the canvas, cut a 12-inch length of decorative trim and staple it to the upper corners of the reverse side of the canvas.
Enjoy your new sign, Valentine!
Leave a Reply.
Thanks for visiting!