Even though most of my incoming mail arrives in electronic form, it still seems like my life is overflowing with paper. This project is a creative way to clean up your paper trail. Get ready to begin by collecting glossy magazine photos, beautiful card stock, and pretty papers that inspire you.
Here’s a list of what you need to make this project:
Here’s the process for making gorgeous, one-of-a kind beads:
1. Rub a few drops of olive oil on the surface of a bamboo skewer. Olive oil keeps the beads you’ll make from sticking to the skewer.
2. Tear a very long, thin triangular strip of paper from a page you’ve chosen. This step is crucial for making strong beads. (Short strips of paper result in a bead that crushes like a toilet paper roll!)
3. Wrap the strip around the skewer once or twice. At this point, begin to add individual drops of Modge Podge Matte Glue to the paper as you wind it around the skewer to form a bead.
4. Fill a skewer with multiple beads and let them dry overnight.
5. Brush a thin layer of Modge Podge Matte Glue over the surface of all the beads. Let them dry for several hours.
6. Spray the beads with Modge Podge Matte Clear Acrylic Sealer and let them dry for an hour.
7. Remove the beads from the skewer. You’re ready to make eco-chic jewelry!
Thanks for visiting!