Baking is one of the best ways to welcome cooler weather. Bismarck cookies are citrusy like summer, spicy like fall, and sweet like life! Are Bismarck cookies a tribute to a political figure, a city in North Dakota, or a family? We’ll never know. This recipe can’t be found with a Google search, but if Mrs. Williams included it in her recipe book, it had to be good!
To make Bismarck cookies, you’ll need:
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, cut finely
- 3/4 cups flour
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lemon rind, grated
- 1/3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cups slivered almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Grease a cookie sheet.
2. First, whisk together the dry ingredients. Then, mix in the wet ingredients. Finally, add the slivered almonds.
3. Drop dough onto the baking sheet by the spoonful.
4. Bake the cookies for 12 to 13 minutes or until they are slightly browned.
5. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool.
It’s cookie time!
Leave a Reply.
Thanks for visiting!