Are you sick of your mom jean shorts and 2020 in general? Take a scissors and cut them up! Don’t miss a page this summer with an eclectic, embroidered bookmark made from yesteryear’s denim. To complete this project, you’ll also need:
-Extra firm fusible interfacing
- DMC embroidery floss in a variety of bright colors
- A piece of felt for the reverse side of the bookmark
Now you’re ready to make a bookmark with personality in just 4 easy steps:
1. Embroider a scrap of denim to your heart’s content. Anything goes! Make sure to stay within a 2” by 6” rectangular area.
2. Cut a 2” by 6” rectangle of felt and another rectangle of the same size of fusible interfacing.
3. Follow the instructions on the fusible interfacing packaging to iron it to the reverse side of the embroidered denim.
4. Pin the raw edges of the denim behind the interfacing. Use the blanket stitch to sew the denim to the felt.
Now, that’s a bookmark! Happy first day of summer, everyone!
Leave a Reply.
Thanks for visiting!